We provide free initial analysis and consultation for a complete host of weatherization (weatherproofing) services. We design to protect your building and its interior from the elements, particularly from sunlight, precipitation, and wind. We will modify your building to reduce energy consumption and optimize energy efficiency.
Our services include:
- Providing building insulation to reduce conductive heat flow and block drafts and cold wind intrusion to reduce convective heat flow.
- Sealing bypasses (cracks, gaps, holes), especially around doors, windows, pipes that penetrate the attic ceiling, and other areas with high potential for heat loss, using caulk, foam sealant, weather-stripping, window film, door sweeps, and electrical receptacle gaskets to reduce infiltration.
- Protecting pipes from corrosion and freezing.
- Installing footing drains, foundation waterproofing membranes, interior perimeter drains, gutters, downspout extensions,downward-sloping grading, French drains, and other techniques to protect your building from both surface water and ground water.
- Providing proper ventilation to unconditioned spaces to protect your building from the effects of condensation.
- Installing roofing, building wrap, siding, flashing, skylights or solar tubes and making sure they are in good condition on your existing building.
- Replacing old drafty doors with tightly sealing, foam-core doors. Replacing older windows with low-energy, double-glazed windows.
- Installing modern, energy-saving heating and cooling equipment, or repair of old, inefficient equipment (furnaces, boilers, water heaters, etc.)